Sunday, November 20, 2011

Microsoft Outlook and access to newgroups?

I seem to only have access to the Microsoft Community newsgroups. I remember, a long time ago I was able to bring up this massive list of various newsgroups (not Microsoft related) I was using Outlook or Express then, but I don't remember how to do that now.


How do I access those newsgroups though Outlook nowadays?


Thanks

Microsoft Outlook and access to newgroups?
Does your ISP support Usenet (NTTP). These days many do not.





In any event Outlook must be configured with the correct NTTP server information. For example news@xyz.com.





Your email server settings (POP3 and SMPT) will not work to access newsgroups. NTTP settings should be on your ISPs 'Help' on their homepage.

shoe zippers

No comments:

Post a Comment