Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Microsoft Hotfix Help!?

I downloaded a hotfix from the microsoft site that doesn't come in the standard auto updates. (first time for me)


I got an .exe and extracted two files from it. I ran the first one and restarted my computer and then ran the second one which extracted a folder called 'symbols'.


In the folder is another folder called 'sp2qfe'


And in that folder is another folder called 'retail'


If you open retail there is two more folders 'dll' %26amp; 'sys'


In 'dll' there is a file called 'user32.pdb'


In 'sys' there is a file called 'win32k.pdb'


What do I do with them?


(I can't go on the microsoft help/support site cause they are anti-firefox people.)

Microsoft Hotfix Help!?
You got an exe and EXTRACTED files from it? That's a weird thing to do. What happens if you just run the original exe?


No comments:

Post a Comment