Thursday, August 19, 2010

Microsoft Word 2007 giving error for .doc files?

I have Vista and have Word installed. When I try to open a .doc file, it gives me "... not a valid Win 32 application" error. When I try to change the file association under properties, I cant find the right Word program. When I save a word 2007 file (.docx) it says it opens with "Microsoft Office Word". But when I save a .doc file, it says it opens with "2007 Microsoft Office component" which has the word icon. I can't find the same one that the .docx file uses anywhere.

Microsoft Word 2007 giving error for .doc files?
Have you tried going to Add/Remove programs and doing a repair install on MS Office 2007.





Might just be something corrupted in the file associations.


1 comment:

Alex said...

Some times ago I had similar problem with my word documents, but for luck yesterday I perceived a good tool, which could solve my old problems. Moreover I think it would be helpful in such condition - repair word 2007 files.

Post a Comment