Thursday, August 19, 2010

Microsoft Vista Recovery?

Hi





No good with computers. Please help. For some inexplicable reason I lost Miscrosoft Vista from the computer, the whole operating system. I had to reinstall it. Now discover that I've lost all photos, music, films, documents. I see in the D drive that there is a folder named "microsoft.old". is this my old vista stuff? and can i transfer it into the newly reinstalled version. My memory on this drive is bloated because I'm carrying two operating systems but I'm loathe to get rid of 'microsoft.old' if it's all my old stuff.





someone, please help, and sorry to be so thick.

Microsoft Vista Recovery?
Yes Vista should put your old files into another file, yes should be able to find it in 'Microsoft old' unless your hard drive did not have enough space and had to over wright some of your old files.





Note. always back up and make recovery disks too.





Sometimes Vista will prompt you to chose to boot up (load up windows) the old system or the new. Just load up the older Vista and save your info onto disk.
Reply:well, in future when you buy a computer/laptop the first thing you need to do it go onto system recovery and click make recover discs, u need 2 4.7gp dvd disks or 12 700mb cd-r.


No comments:

Post a Comment