Friday, July 16, 2010

Error message when Microsoft works 8 tries to send me a reminder for something on my to do list.?

Here is the error message I am receiving:





"Microsoft Works 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Works 8. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous. To see what data this error report contains, click here."





And then it has two buttons: "Send Error Report" and "Don't Send"


I have tried clicking each of them several times, and I've also tried just closing the window without clicking either button. I realize its a very vague message, but I do know that it only occurs when Works is trying to send me a reminder about an item on my to do list. The reminder used to work; the error has been occuring for a couple of weeks. I tried to look on Microsoft website, but I couldn't find anything that dealt with this problem.

Error message when Microsoft works 8 tries to send me a reminder for something on my to do list.?
This is a long shot and no guarantee it will work. But most times an application needs to create a temporary file or two in order to carry out whatever it's trying to do. If you haven't cleared your browser cache (of old temp files, cookies, history) in a while, those old files might be preventing the app from running properly. This link from Boston University tells how it's done. Click on your operating system logo and then select your browser:





http://www.bu.edu/webcentral/learning/vi...





In the alternative, you might have a corrupt calendar file (mswkscal.wcd) or you've got too many things going on within the calendar. This Microsoft kb article gives some more info:





http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909529





wwbgd


No comments:

Post a Comment