Friday, July 16, 2010

Question for Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 users only?

I am running Virtual PC 2007 from within XP Professional. I have Windows 2000 Professional running in the Virtual. Is there any way to set up a USB printer to run in the 2000? I have tried the normal install but the 2000 cannot detect the printer. I have no experience of installing a printer other than via a USB connection. Any help/advice much appreciated. Microsoft US refuse to deal with my question and simply refer me on to Microsoft UK (because I am in London, UK) but Microsoft UK never seem to respond to support questions.

Question for Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 users only?
You need to have the virtual pc recognize the usb drive. If you can't do that, try installing on your windows xp machine and sharing the printer. Then connect it to the virutal pc through the share.


No comments:

Post a Comment