Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Microsoft word issue?

I have an issue that when I open Microsoft word there is always Characters already typed on the page. To elaborate I open word from my desktop and there is text (only a few letters) from a document that I started but never finished (years ago). Now it's there all the time. And what’s even stranger is I recently changed my email settings to use Microsoft word as an editor. Now it's even in there, same text.

Microsoft word issue?
What leeb001 suggests will save the document as a new template, but won't correct the current one (normal.dot). Do this instead





1.Find your Normal.Dot template. On my machine, it's in the C:\Documents and Settings\My Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates directory.





2.Now, the fast way would be to delete this file and let Word re-establish it from scratch, but that might also get rid of many other settings you have made. I'd suggest instead deleting the bad stuff:





3.WITH NO WORD WINDOWS OPEN, right-click on the template and do an Open (not a New. New won't open the template itself; Open does.)


4.Delete all the stuff you don't want.


5.Save the file and get out of Word.





That should do the trick.
Reply:You have saved "something", as your "blank document". In other words, when Word opens, it opens a template. This template is usually blank. You accidentally saved something you did AS that template. So when you open Word, thats what it gives you as your starting page.





Try deleting all the text you see, then do a "Save As",


In the box that says "save as type", change that to "Document Template." That should fix the problem. And save.





*I concur with The Plebob" His is the better answer.


I stand corrected."


No comments:

Post a Comment