Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Microsoft XP Office 2003 help?

I installed Panda antivirus on my Windows XP computer. After that I was getting those popups that say "send error report to microsoft". I did and a couple of days later I got a response from Microsoft saying I needed to download the most recent driver for my video card. I did that and now when I try to open any office programs, an installer box opens, like Office is not installed yet, then it says error installing, please insert disk. Can someone please explain to why this is happening and how I can fix it? I don't know where I put my original disc, and I need my word docs, they are for my business. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Microsoft XP Office 2003 help?
Do you have a pirated copy? Or did you actually buy XP. Sometimes you can't update pirated copies because microsoft will check the key code.
Reply:First, cold boot your pc (complete shutdown where pc is off and then wait 30 sec and turn it back on).





If you still have the same problems, then I believe that you originally had two problems.... a corrupted Office program file and a corrupted video graphics driver.





Now that the driver problem is fixed you are down to one problem, a corrupted Office program file.





I assume you are trying to run Word... will the other applications run? Excel, Power Point, etc.?





If so, then you have at least narrowed it down to one application. If you have other pc's running the same version of Office 2003, try copying winword.exe from that other pc to this one.





If that doesn't work, you are definitely in need of the original install CD. Unforunately, 32 bit applications will not copy well from one pc to another. They must be installed from original CD's or ISO copied CD's.





You can buy Office 2003 Pro for $189 or less. Best wishes...


No comments:

Post a Comment